A journey into payments
The transportation sector has been shaped by a number of factors – global consumer expectations, technology, regulation and ownership – and now, by the hammer blow of COVID -19.
With contact-free payments playing such an important part in restoring consumer confidence across every sector, the industry that has led the way in contactless has an opportunity to innovate once again.
When contactless met transit
We have created a full paper that addresses the opportunities and challenges facing the transport sector, it covers the following topics:
- A history of contactless payments in mass transport, illustrating how transit became a catalyst for the wider adoption of contactless.
- The consolidation and restructuring of the parking landscape to provide smarter payments solutions to drivers and greater efficiency and value to operators.
- How COVID-19 has rocked the transit industry, and the rapid acceleration of safer, contact free payments.
- Transformation of the road transport network, with the introduction of new toll payment technology to keep users moving at speed.
- The search by petrol retailers for new revenue streams, including app development to capture unattended, non-fuel sales and vehicle charging services.
- Using payments technology in taxis to drive operator loyalty and deliver safer journeys to passengers.
- The importance of seamless integration and connected technologies in removing barriers to new technology implementation.
- How mobile devices have become pivotal at the centre of most transit journeys, facilitating research, travel, payment and communication.
- Further food for thought – some of the questions we haven’t yet answered in the fast-changing world of transit.