You can choose from the following ways to integrate the Elavon Payment Gateway (EPG) into your website for online payments:
(1) Shopping Cart or Plugin
Yes - I need a shopping cart
You can select a shopping cart or plugin through the developer hub, which allows you or your web developer to choose a preferred shopping cart or plugin from our list to manage the hosting, securing and running of your business.
No – I already have a shopping cart or I don’t require one
If you already have an existing shopping cart or do not require a shopping cart, you and/or your web developer can easily access the sample code from the developer hub to get started integrating into EPG.
(2) Hosted Payment Page (HPP)
- We host your payment page, which is linked to a shopping basket
- You can use the sample code found on your developer hub to integrate into the payment page
- We handle all your customers' sensitive information and manage your card-processing requirements.
(3) Application Programming interfaces (API)
- The payment process is hosted within your website, ensuring you maintain control of the entire payment process
- You collect the payment details on your own secure server. You can use the sample code found on your developer hub to integrate into API
- As you will be responsible for capturing customers' card data, you’ll need to seek advice on additional security measures to ensure Payment Card Industry Standards compliance.
(4) Not sure – I don’t know what I need
If you are not sure if you require a shopping cart, please speak with your web developer or contact us on +44 (0) 203 564 5695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to developer hub
You can start your integration now by requesting a test account. Doing this will save time so, when your live account details come through, you can easily switch from test to live and start taking payments instantly.
We have created a range of test cards that will allow you to complete all transactional processes in a test environment.
We do suggest you complete thorough testings to ensure your website is fully integrated and you are happy with all aspects of your customer payment journey.
- Set up a test account - You will be provided with a client ID when the test account is set up.
- Access test cards - You can use a selection of our test card numbers during the testing phase of the integration work.
if you do not wish to create a test account now, that’s fine. We will contact you when your account is ready to undertake the integration and testing.
Comply with website card-scheme rules
You’ll need to ensure that your website is still fully compliant with the website requirements contained in this guide. Please note these are mandatory rules for eCommerce customers, which are set out by the card schemes.
If you have been referred by one of our partners, please contact them directly for all technical support, including the setup of your payment gateway.