We understand the challenges that face the airline industry due to Covid-19, which impact us all.
A core function of our role as an acquirer is to process chargebacks on your behalf. In recent weeks, the volume of chargebacks has grown exponentially. We are making these changes to better support you:
- Quadrupled the size of our chargeback teams to handle the large volume of disputes
- Increased the working hours of the teams
- Proactively working with our Card Brand partners on clarifications and guidance relating to chargeback/dispute policy
Part of the service we provide includes auto-representment of chargebacks. This means we automatically resolve chargebacks before they require your involvement. We will update our system logic and team training as the Card Brands release changes.
You can make a dramatic difference in reducing the volume of chargebacks to maximize your cash flow by ensuring your refund/dispute management policies are aligned with the following guidance:
- IATA paper on vouchers/refunds, including constraints and impacts airlines must consider and the options airlines have within existing standards to facilitate these policies. This guidance can be found here.
- Merchant Dispute Resolution Best Practices, Visa Online Dispute Guide for Merchants and Mastercard guidance outlining the rule interpretations and best practices when dealing with claims relating to COVID-19 disruptions.
During this difficult time, we will continue to provide you with guidance and updates. In the meantime, if you have questions relating to disputes/chargebacks, please contact:
- Europe, UK and International processing: FRAAirlineSupport@elavon.com
- North America processing: NAAirlineSupport@elavon.com