As your payments partner, we are committed to keeping you up-to-date with industry changes and card brand developments.
Across the industry there is a move to make sure retail partners are ready and equipped to meet consumer expectations by creating a consistent, improved experience at the point of sale (POS).
Deliver a best-in-class consumer experience and drive awareness of tap to pay at the POS by taking the following actions:
- Improve the POS with proper signage at entrance and checkout.
- Ensure consumers know they can tap to pay as they approach a terminal by communicating it on the “home screen” of the POS (as applicable) and throughout the checkout experience using additional POS collateral (e.g. table mats, table tents, terminal toppers).
- Allow consumers to tap at the beginning of a transaction, and do not require clerks to activate the contactless reader (i.e. ensure that it is “always on”).
- Educate clerks and consumers by deploying marketing and education materials.
- Remember signature collection is not necessary on contactless or other transactions conducted at EMV terminals.
- Ensure the contactless symbol and the word “tap” are clearly displayed on or near each contactless-enabled terminal to remind customers that they can tap to pay at checkout.